DIGITAL CONTENT AND YUZU
Yuzu™ is a learning platform that lets you read and interact with your digital content.
Digital content includes eTextbooks, which are digital versions of printed textbooks that you can download to your Yuzu compatible device(s) or access online using your web browser. eTextbooks offer many advantages over traditional print versions.
BENEFITS OF eTEXTBOOKS ON YUZU
- Interactive Learning - eTextbooks can include videos and other multimedia content, and links to related websites, to make the learning experience richer and more engaging.
- Travel Lighter - Replace multiple textbooks with one app where you can access your course materials from a single, beautifully organized interface.
- Read On-the-Go - With course materials always at your fingertips, you can read and study wherever you are. Highlights, notes, and bookmarks automatically sync across all of your devices.
- Study Smarter - You can highlight and add notes to your eTextbooks. Plus, you can easily adjust the layout, font size, and zoom to make reading easier.
- Simple Navigation - Search key words and phrases throughout all of your digital content and quickly jump to a location by typing a page number.
|Yuzu™ for Web||Yuzu™ for iPad®||Yuzu for Windows®||Yuzu for Mac®|
|Where to get Yuzu||Available at webreader.yuzu.com||Download from the App StoreSM||Download from the Windows Store||Download from the Mac App StoreSM|
|Hardware Devices Supported||Mac or Windows PC|
(Mac OS X 10.8 or later, and Windows 7 and higher)
|iPad models with Retina display|
(3rd generation iPad or newer, 2nd generation iPad mini) strongly recommended
|Desktop, Laptop, or Tablet with Windows 8.1 or later||Desktop or Laptop with OS X 10.10 or later, 13"+ screen recommended|
|System Requirements||Supported Browsers:|
Internet Explorer® 11 or later, Safari® 6.1 or later, and ChromeTM
Also available on Samsung Galaxy Tab® 4 NOOK® using Chrome
|iOS 8.1 or later||Windows 8.1 or later.|
NOTE: Windows RT is not supported
|OS X 10.10 or later|
|Internet Requirements||Internet is required.||Internet is only required to download a title and sync.|
|Device Download Limitations||Not applicable||Set by publishers ranging from 2-8 devices (e.g. downloading the book to the iPad and Windows apps would count as two devices.)|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW DO I PURCHASE DIGITAL CONTENT?
Buying digital content is just as easy as buying a printed textbook. Just go to your campus bookstore or click here to purchase eTextbooks. Choose the digital version of the title you need. Whether you buy in-store or online, you will receive simple instructions on how to set up your Yuzu account. Then download and install the free Yuzu app compatible with your device(s).
HOW DO I REDEEM MY ACCESS CODE?
If you received an access code when you purchased your digital content, go to Yuzu.com/college and follow the instructions. The digital content will be instantly added to your Yuzu library so you can download it to your device, or access it online. The digital content will be instantly added to your Yuzu library so you can download it to your device, or access it online.
NOTE: A "0" in your access code is a zero, not a letter.
CAN I RENT DIGITAL CONTENT AND GET ALL THE SAME FEATURES?
Yes. Yuzu provides rental options for digital content. All of the same great features are available on both purchased and rented digital content. Don't worry about forgetting your rental due date; at the end of the term, we'll retrieve the content from your digital library.
CAN THE YUZU APPS BE USED TOGETHER?
Yes. You can follow along in class on your off-line device (like your laptop) and pick up where you left off on any compatible Internet-connected device on campus or at home. All of your notes, highlights, and bookmarks will be synced automatically to your other devices once you are connected to the Internet.
CAN I USE YUZU WHEN STUDYING ABROAD OR STATIONED OVERSEAS?
Students studying abroad should be aware of possible limitations.
- If you are planning to use one of the off-line device apps (other than the web app), be sure to install them before you leave the United States. They cannot be downloaded and installed internationally. Once the apps are installed and you have downloaded the digital content, you will be able to use them anywhere.
- Depending on the country you'll be in, IP limitations or firewalls set up by a country or Internet provider could interfere with your ability to access the web app.
I HAVE A QUESTION NOT ANSWERED HERE. WHAT DO I DO?
Visit customercare.yuzu.com for more help, and submit a request if you have a question or need support with Yuzu. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-844-YUZU-NOW with any questions about digital content or the Yuzu digital education platform.
© 2015 Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC. All rights reserved. Yuzu and the Yuzu logo are trademarks of Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC or its affiliates. iPad and Safari are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Windows and Internet Explorer are a registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.